Constructed between 1928 and 1939, Glencairn was the home of Raymond and Mildred Pitcairn. Built in a Romanesque style, Glencairn also served to house Pitcairn?s outstanding collection of medieval stained glass and sculpture. The house contains more than 100 rooms on 11 floors, and visitors appreciate its superb handling of glass, metal, wood and mosaic. The Pitcairn home and contents were given to the Academy of the New Church in 1980. Glencairn Museum now educates visitors about the history of religion using art and artifacts from a variety of cultures and time periods. Religious life through the ages is presented by means of a remarkable collection that illustrates religions as varied as ancient Egyptian, ancient Greek and Roman, medieval Christian, Islamic, Asian, and Native American.