Situated on a grassy knoll above the Schuylkill River, Pottgrove Manor was the home of John Potts, colonial ironmaster, merchant and founder of Pottstown, his wife Ruth, and their family of 13 children. Built in 1752, this stately home is an elegant example of mid-18th century Georgian architecture. The original mansion, along with the nearby 1752 Miller's house are a vignette into the era of the town's earliest days. Today, Pottsgrove Manor is a center of both historical preservation and Living History. Following a comprehensive restoration, the house was opened to the public in 1991, and has fascinated visitors since then with its fine collection of domestic 18th century antiques and ongoing series of programs and special events.