Artist: Emmanuel Fremiet (1824-1910)
Materials: gilded bronze, granite base
Council District: 5
Originally installed in 1890 at the Girard Avenue bridge, Joan of Arc (French Jeanne d'Arc) was relocated in 1960 to its current location near the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Sculptor Emmanuel Fremiet depicted the heroine Joan of Arc on a horse holding a flag in her raised right hand. A very similar statue can be seen at the Place de Pyramides, Paris, France which was installed c. 1873.