Your brain is always changing. Find out how and why when you explore Your Brain, The Franklin Institute's newest—and biggest—exhibition. Brain science is advancing rapidly as modern technology is helping us begin to unravel age-old mysteries about ourselves. What is the brain? What does it do? How does it work? Believe it or not, scientists still don't fully know how to answer these questions.
Highlights in Your Brain
- Neural Climb: scale the 18-foot-tall neural climb
- Scan a Brain: use MRI images to see where the brain is located in relation to other physical features
- Fire a Model Neuron: see how information passes from one neuron to another
- Follow Your Visual Pathway: build images step by step to see how they are processed in the brain
- Explore How Your Brain Interprets Conflicting Information: explore a city street filled with illusions to discover how your brain interprets inputs from the real world
- Say that Again: listen and learn how your brain attempts to understand distorted audio messages Challenge Your Expectations: lift paint cans to see how your brain plans movements according to previous experiences Lie to Me: detect who is telling a lie See Your Nervous System: watch a silhouette of your nervous system mimic your every move