Visitors are invited to tour the Pearl S. Buck House and its grounds through the first-person memories collected from community members who lived and worked with Pearl S. Buck and her husband, Richard Walsh and their family. From 1935 until her death in 1973, the property and barn were a community gathering place to swim, play basketball, fish, watch movies, attend dances, and enjoy holiday parties. The 1825 stone farm house is an excellent example of nineteenth century architecture and holds a rich intact museum collection of Pennsylvania country furniture alongside Chinese decorative screens, a silk wall hanging presented by the Dalai Lama of Tibet, Chen Chi paintings, and works by celebrated artists Redfield and Baum. A highlight of the tour for many visitors is the desk and typewriter used by Ms. Buck to write, The Good Earth. Enjoy first-person memories of a small town that lived with a family who embraced the world.