The Masonic Temple, a magnificent example of architecture, art and history, is the headquarters of the Grand Lodge of Free Masons of Pennsylvania and serves as the meeting place for a number of Philadelphia lodges. Freemasonry is the oldest continuously existing fraternal organization in the world. Designed by James H. Windrim and dedicated in 1873, the Masonic Temple is unrivaled with its seven elegant meeting halls exemplifying various architectural styles. An impressive collection of oil paintings, statuary, stained glass and exquisit furnishings enhances the richness of the interior. Notable pieces in the museum's collection include the apron of Brother and President George Washington and works by the Philadelphia sculptor William Rush.